The Product Development Software Team is responsible for best in class Automated Distribution and Wireless Communication products for improving the Smart Electric Grid’s resiliency and reliability. Software Architects reports to the Sr Manager of System & Software Architecture, and work in a department that is chartered to refine requirements and architecture for intelligent embedded software devices, system applications, and accompanying communication subsystems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to collaborate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, as part of a self-sufficient independent contributor and potential project lead in a team of System and Product Architects
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and Test teams on product and solutions roadmaps, engineering estimations, and tactical project execution
- Decompose marketing requirements into authored system level requirements and architectural artifacts
- Oversee and review the traceability from system level requirements and architectural abstractions to individual network element requirements and detailed architecture descriptions
- Definition of high-level field deployment guidelines used by field service teams
- Drive or participate in unique customer specific solutions
- Take a hands-on approach (down to the software code level as necessary) with the product implementations to define and deliver appropriate requirements and architectural solutions
- Have a strong and proven leadership ability
- Collaborate with Engineering (hardware, electronic, software development & test) to deliver reliable, mission critical solutions and products
- Participate in and occasionally lead the frontend of the development process of a project through implementation of Product Development processes and monitoring adherence through various milestones gates
- Collaborate and lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure continuous quality and customer satisfaction improvement.