Messina Group is seeking a Software Engineer in Embedded Applications for a long term contract role. Occasionally the candidate will need to be able to commute to the Chicago O'Hare area but the bulk of the work can be done remotely.
- Work with the SW engineering organization to implement and develop user-space Linux applications for ARM-based target environments. This includes the ability to interact with, understand, and debug Linux applications, work with Linux kernel and POSIX interfaces, and provide strong Linux development knowledge.
- Develop content using Linux system APIs, POSIX, MQTT, DBus, STL, and C++.
- Write and debug Linux applications to support current products, and develop future products.
- Work with Debian based Yocto Linux target environments.
- Work closely with a large set of other internal groups to help with SW development needs and requirements.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Assume full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
- Operate efficiently within Agile/Scrum-based SW development