Our Client, an employee-owned global provider of equipment and services for the electric power industry, seeks an experienced sourcing and supply chain professional to fill a key role in the Sourcing Department. This experienced and professional individual will manage several commodity portfolios and develop supplier relationships that will serve the needs of the global business. The individual will also have the indirect responsibility to find, qualify and develop suppliers with a long-term global view. This person will be responsible for ensuring that aggressive cost reduction targets and supplier performance goals are met through longer-term agreements or contracts. The candidate will undertake commodity and industry benchmarking projects to ensure that the client remains at a competitive advantage in the marketplace and will ensure that the global Sourcing team is made aware of potential “best in class” suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the performance of the commodity portfolio of direct material suppliers to ensure that a variety KPI’s covering quality, delivery, flexibility, cost, and the supply base are met in both the short- and long-term.
- Develop and implement a medium/long-term (3-5 years) global sourcing strategy through the Category Management process for each of the categories/commodities based on industry, market trends and other conditions.
- Lead supplier evaluations communicate the results to the supplier as well as team members and ensure that suppliers have adequate corrective actions to the evaluation findings.
- Manage and utilize the Supplier Quarterly Business Review (SBQR) to advocate and monitor supplier improvement and development plans.
- Plan and conduct strategic and tactical negotiations related to pricing, supply, as well as long-term agreements with a view to mutual benefits and success.
- Using Net Cost reporting, ensure that market inflation/deflation is understood in each portfolio and develop, where required, mitigation plans.
- Assess new and current suppliers for business fit, financial stability and ensure that they will provide best overall value.
- Develop long-term project plans to increase the number of qualified suppliers on the Approved Supplier Matrix.
- Identify key supply chain risks, develop mitigation plans, and execute those plans.
- Collaborate with new product development teams by sourcing components to meet both the technical and commercial needs. Involve suppliers as early as practical in the design process to ensure a low cost and high-quality supply.
- Ensure that all Sourcing project plans are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure that only qualified suppliers are used in supplying materials.
- Cooperate with key stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes.