The Sr. Business Systems Analyst maintains a global, enterprise-wide viewpoint, supporting the mission and vision of the organization while acting in the best interest of both the IT department and business department(s). The role will encompass application support as well as the major components of the full project life cycle. She/he will serve to ensure that the delivered solution meets the needs of end-users.
This position requires a combination of in-depth functional knowledge and technical proficiency in business applications, specifically Oracle EBS. The analyst would provide functional direction and leadership for application solutions working with all business analysts. Strong problem-solving skills are required to diagnose and troubleshoot application issues. The individual will provide business partners with the daily support of Oracle EBS 12.1.3 modules and 3rd party applications including, but not limited to, Oracle EBS Value Chain modules, Oracle EBS Manufacturing, Oracle WMS Cloud, High Jump, Informatica MDM.
- Designs and documents solutions by leading requirements gathering and process mapping sessions. Write functional design to optimize technology implementations.
- Works with the technical team to design, test, and implement overall system functionality.
- Assists business users in testing, application training, and documentation.
- Provides continuous production support – Leads troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, and resolution efforts. Performs root-cause analysis.
- Participates in the development of project plans as required.
- Works on all aspects of medium to large projects with little or no supervision. This may include multiple concurrent projects or projects spanning more than one business area.
- Provides mentoring to other team members and end-users as required.
- Assumes a project lead role as required and works with the Architecture team to take large projects into an operational or production support mode.
- Own and manage functional changes and non-strategic enhancement requests within the value chain and manufacturing modules.
- Weekend and evening support required as needed (ie. Implementations and unplanned outages).
- Researches, analyzes, and understands changing technology; identifies how those could be best applied to the specific environment in the functional area.
- Execute the defined IT systems strategic direction of business and technology programs for the Value Chain and manufacturing functions.
- Develop and manage relationships within the Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Engineering business teams.