Messina Group seeks a Sr. Instrumentation Analyst for our client, a fast-growing national leader in microbiology, chemistry and food forensics analysis.
The Instrumentation Department Senior HPLC Analyst performs analysis using mainly HPLC, and other techniques, as appropriate, and provides leadership in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes conditions for the successful operation of the Laboratory.
- Implements and validates published methods for use in the laboratory.
- Prepares detailed reports on status of current projects.
- Performs regular analysis in a timely fashion maintaining a high level of quality.
- Maintains careful records of experimental observations in a notebook, in a manner suitable for efficient and complete transfer of information and protection of the laboratory’s intellectual property rights
- Develops, validates, and performs non-routine analysis, as required.
- Provides technical guidance and consultation to other analytical personnel.
- Contributes technical expertise and judgment towards improvement of all analytical procedures, including new work.
- Proactively contributes to technical and strategic discussions and development regarding equipment, methods and science.
- Participates in relevant ISO QA/QC activities and documentation thereof.
- Develops contacts with outside researchers that further the laboratory’s objectives.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area, complying with corporate safety and environmental policies.
- Participates in training programs deemed necessary to either develop job skills and laboratory capabilities or meet company policies and directives.
- Other duties as required.