The Sr. Manager, ePlanning works closely with the eCommerce and CH&S cross-functional teams to drive on-line penetration and share growth behind a holistic customer experience. This individual will lead the identification and evaluation of opportunities to elevate brand presence/SOV on retailers’ platforms through both 1P/3P marketplace means and multiple retailer fulfillment options. Additionally, this individual will leverage multiple data sources (i.e., syndicated data, digital shelf, and retailer data) to ensure eCommerce fundamentals across the Business Unit are designed to deliver customer financial KPI’s. The Sr. Manager is a thought leader that influences and educates internal teams to propel integration and empower OmniChannel business results. This role is responsible for setting and executing retail strategy for both pureplay and retail.com customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Insights & Analytics:
- Understands brand/category dynamics in addition to consumer purchase dynamics.
- Defines overall assortment strategy, effectively managing mix to deliver Retailer KPI’s
- Crafts annual promotional plan that delivers profitable share growth
- Tracks and mitigates 3P marketplace dynamics.
- Monitors digital shelf to identify new ways to drive brand engagement.
- Influences CMI and brand to drive inclusion of eCommerce in insight development.
- Partners with the customer planning team to optimize assortment, including identification of channel exclusives that meet the needs of the on-line shopper and deliver profitable growth.
- Educates trade/brand teams on channel requirements to guarantee that the innovation pipeline reflects the correct price pack architecture, meets SIOC guidelines, and commands a frictionless online shopping experience.
- Collaborates with the eMarketing and eProduction teams to establish a brand presence through effective content development and management.
- Informs cross-functional cohort of digital shelf best practices.
- Works with eSales/Supply Chain to ensure sufficient supply to meet demand needs.
- Identifies incremental white space opportunities and forges commercial partnerships.
- Monitors and helps resolve competitive conflicts across retailers.
- Manages retailer mix to meet company and customer financial goals.
- Inputs to monthly demand forecast and annual sales planning process.
- Provides commentary to finance for monthly close process.
- Assists in trade spend management.
- Understands the impact of innovation on customer P&L.
- Determines appropriate 1P/3P mix to improve customer level P&L and drive profitability.
- Builds selling stories to educate/influence CH&S on best practices and marketplace trends. Present to the customer when appropriate (i.e., JBP, Innovation Summits)
- Owns eCommerce Quarterly Business Review presentation development.
- Inputs to customer planning selling decks to guarantee the needs of the online shopper are met.
Customer & Consumer Understanding:
- Understands the role of the retailer in the consumer shopping journey.
- Pinpoints and responds to shifts in consumer shopping behavior.
- Educates brand on the needs of the retailer for product and commercial innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by influencing key internal stakeholders and retail partners.
- Creates a selling story to align brand and retailer strategies with the consumer at the forefront.
Business Unit Specifics:
- Leverages new legislative actions, code changes, and seasonal incidents to capitalize on rapid response growth opportunities.