Position Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, The Senior Process Engineer will provide plant-wide expert support of manufacturing processes and proactively implement process improvements to address tactical and strategic objectives. This position will also mentor junior engineers as well as peers in areas of expertise. Manage large plant-wide projects and technical initiatives. Serve as the senior subject matter expert in plant-wide process technical issues and problem-solving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Support the definition, planning, and execution of assigned projects.
- Serve as a process subject matter expert (SME) plant-wide.
- Generate deliverables required for the execution of projects/initiatives including but not limited to: project schedules, resource plans, technical specifications, and budgets; specifications for instrumentation, hardware, software, and interfaces; documentation.
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment.
- Process documents such as H&MB, process descriptions, P&ID’s, PFD’s, process specifications, equipment specifications, cause & effect diagrams, safe operating limits, shutdown philosophies, operational procedures, and functional narratives.
- Work to incorporate safety, regulatory, and environmental requirements, and lean manufacturing principles into each project as it is defined and executed.
- Lead all process safety reviews and requirements from an engineering perspective.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies to ensure timely completion of projects to agreed-upon success criteria.
- Develop comprehensive and robust test plans for equipment and systems including safety features, interlocks, cause and effect matrices, etc. Ensure test plans are reviewed with stakeholders and executed rigorously. Document and archive all testing records, findings, and lessons learned.
- Track execution of projects to budget, quality, and schedule objectives, identifying and promptly and proactively escalating any concerns, risks, changes, or needs to project sponsor(s), stakeholders, and managers as needed.
- Collaborate frequently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct effective meetings, design reviews, and presentations with stakeholders and customers.
- Prepare weekly summary reports of activities, projects, and priorities including needs and risks for the achievement of objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Perform necessary tasks and work hours needed to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.