Our client, an ESOP-owned Chicago-based enterprise is aggressively expanding its worldwide sales, sourcing, and operations and seeks a technical professional with experience in supplier quality Engineering and problem-solving. This individual will work with engineering and our global sourcing team to improve overall quality levels and supplier performance. This position reports to the Assistant Manager – Supplier Quality Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with suppliers to improve quality performance, implement process controls and reduce the cost of poor quality for suppliers and the company.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools for new product, revisions, and/or supplier changes.
- Utilize various Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies to develop key suppliers, product lines, and manage the project schedules of these activities.
- Problem solve quality issues with the supplier, Sourcing, Product Engineering, and Production Operations staff to assure that Supplier Corrective Action Plans are developed and executed.
- Provide input into Supplier Selection processes so that suppliers are awarded based on Total Cost of Ownership models rather than chosen solely for commercial reasons.
- Perform supplier evaluations as part of cross-functional teams.
- This position may involve frequent and extensive travel and at times the travel may be on short notice.