Write and facilitate code for the implementation and execution of strategic hardware and software projects related to our Global Reliability and Test Services organization. This organization is comprised of many Reliability and Test Laboratories providing product development, qualification, and failure analysis services to the product development processes, supporting multiple divisions within the company around the world. The Technical Programmer acts as a team member of projects and works within the constraints of the Cost, Quality, and Timing requirements documented in the Project Plan. Projects are focused on laboratory information systems, test automation, standardization, and laboratory process optimizations interfacing with measurement instruments for acquiring data and running tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, and maintain code for assigned strategic projects, including software development, laboratory automation, and process optimization.
- Is a member of functional strategic teams during the execution, monitoring, and achievement of Project Plans.
- Uses Project Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Gantt Charts, Risk Registers, Key Performance Indicators, Team Meetings, etc. to demonstrate the progress of projects.
- Works with cross-functional teams that include multiple laboratories, IT departments, Product Development, etc.
- Responsible for participating in team communications and promoting team projects.
- Ensures adherence to the Strategic Project Plan, Check Point Reviews, and other related procedures.
- Maintains Planned and Actual Phase Dates.
- Understands, supports, and contributes to the current team, Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO), and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems and Initiatives by following stated policies and procedures.
- Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Lisle
- Duration: 6 months – 1 year+