Messina is searching for a transportation planner for our client in Rosemont, IL for a 3 month contract role.
The Transportation Planner is responsible for planning, coordinating, and scheduling shipments from multiple locations. The Transportation Planner must always display a sense of urgency, which may require work outside of normal business hours, and act in an efficient and decisive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize routing information to create load plans for designated shipping locations
- Provide carriers with required documentation for load scheduling
- Communicate with and schedule freight carriers
- Track and trace shipments as required
- Perform Oracle Pick Release and Trip Building function
- Coordinate shipment schedule with warehouse coordinators and carriers.
- For export shipments, assure that all required documentation are prepared accurately and submitted on-time.
- If applicable, maintain documents required for duty drawback submission.
- Assist and support Distribution and Transportation teams
- Complete or assist with miscellaneous projects as needed
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for all Operations and Transporation needs within Customer Operations
- All other duties as assigned