Messina is searching for a Vice President, M&A (Business Services) for our client in Chicago, IL.
Vice President Role
Our Client is seeking to add a Vice President to our rapidly growing M&A practice in the Chicago office. This role entails working closely with the firm’s Managing Directors in building relationships with clients and potential clients. This individual will need to have deep experience executing sell-side deals in the middle market. In addition, Vice Presidents are expected to contribute to Associates’ and Analysts’ development at the firm. Responsibilities at our clients are often less rigid and more entrepreneurial than at other firms, and the firm only hires individuals who will have the ability to develop into Partners in the organization over time.
Our Client continuously provides our Vice Presidents with opportunities beyond typical roles in order to accelerate professional development and maximize career trajectory. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Proactive calling on potential new clients including private equity firms, privately-held business owners, and publicly-traded companies.
- Conceptualizing, organizing, processing, and delivering new business presentations for potential transactions.
- Leading the execution of transactions.
- Managing, training, and developing Associates and Analysts at the firm.
- Must possess a strong track record of executing financing and/or M&A transactions, preferably in the middle market.
- Must display an ability to confidently and credibly connect with potential new clients and to lead client meetings.
- Must excel in finance, accounting and financial modeling and have good business acumen.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must display an ability to seek and identify new business opportunities in concert with Managing Director(s) as well as independently.
- Must have the experience to successfully manage teams of Associates and Analysts.
- Must have an MBA from a top-tier program and have a strong academic record (both undergraduate and graduate).
- A successful candidate will be an assertive, motivated self-starter with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.