Messina Group is assisting our client in finding a Vivarium Manager in Seattle, Washington for a permanent opportunity.
About our Client:
Our client is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve human health.
Oversee and manage the daily operations of animal care facility to include the care of animals and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure the facility complies with federal regulations for care and maintenance of research animals.
- Manage the facility’s annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Work with vivarium staff and laboratory personnel to ensure the viability of animal breeding.
- Conduct quality control reviews of data in animal records system and generate reports.
- Prepare and maintain required activity records and regulatory forms.
- Perform specialized laboratory tests and procedures.
- Perform injections and surgery and general care of animals.
- Monitor environmental conditions in animal housing facilities.
- Monitor and manage the animal colony, including health status and signs of illness.
- Train students and other personnel in protocols and procedures of animal care.
- Enforce protocol in the proper containment and disposal of biohazard waste and contaminants.